Deb Johns is a Master Leathersmith specializing in Custom Leather Creations. If you can dream it in leather, she can do it.
While leatherwork is nearly a lost art, Deb’s connection to it started in Central Florida in 1980 the moment she walked into a leather crafts booth at the Festival of the Masters at Disney World. The leather smell caught her imagination and the art caught her fascination.
Deb does her carving work the old-fashioned way, with hand-tools and a hammer, no machines. Hides are bought directly from tanneries in the West and pieces are cut from the hide as needed. She literally has 100’s of tools to create 1000’s of details.
In recent years Deb has also taken on the role of teacher and mentor. She has taught workshops at the World Leather Debut in Sheridan and is a published author in the Leathercrafter’s and Saddler’s Journal. She is a Certified Master Leathersmith of the International Federation of Leather Guilds (IFOLG).
Thank you for buying local, American made fine crafts and art!
- Some of her work includes:
- Carved Leather Paintings
- Photo Albums and Album Covers
- Corporate Logo Engraving
- Family Crest/Name Engraving
- Leather Purses and Handbags
- Leather Art Modifications (Jackets, Saddles, Bike Bags)
- One-of-a-Kind Bespoke Leather Gifts
- Leather repair
- Renditions of your pet, boat, car, house
- Custom carved additions/accents to furniture
- Carved patches for pillows
- Awards and Plaques
- Leather Archeologist Toolcases and Tool Rolls